2015 Thomas A. Edison Awards for exceptional achievement.
The IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) has paid tribute to the commitment and work of eight leaders of the IEC family who, through their outstanding dedication and expertise, have contributed to making products and electrical systems safer, more energy efficient and more compatible.
At the IEC 79th General Meeting in Minsk #IECGM, the following were recognized with the 2015 Thomas A. Edison Award:
- Ralph Wigg, Chair, former IEC SC 31H
- Margie M. Burk, Assistant Secretary TC 61, TC 72 and TC 108
- Chen Bo, Secretary TC 85
- Cheolung Cha, Secretary TC 47
- Pietro Di Vita, Chair SC 86C,
- Tadashi Ezaki, Secretary TC 100
- Jae-Young Lee, Technical Area Manager TC 100 TA 4
- Reinhard Nerke, Secretary SC 3D.
The Thomas A. Edison Award is in the spirit of Thomas Alva Edison, 1847-1931, one of the greatest inventors in history. He developed a system of electric power generation and distribution which was a major development in the modern industrialized world. His over 1,000 patents included improving the incandescent lamp, film projection and sound recording, which still have an impact on our daily lives. “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration” is one of Edison’s famous quotes.
Full IEC media release here.